Friday 9 September 2016

The One Real Thing by Samantha Young


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)The One Real Thing by Samantha Young
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This was a book that built and built and grew on me over the first half, but more spin the second half. I am so glad I invested in the initial pleasantness and building of the area of Hartwell because I reaped the rewards in this book but I can also clearly see that it benefits the rest of the forthcoming series.

The initial context setting of the book really had me intrigued and if I'm honest, I'm not sure Jessica really fitted in there. As Jessica goes on vacation, it changes her life. I loved the life changing in the shape of Cooper, Boardwalk bar owner. He was a man with depth, respect and his manner yanked me in to this charms.

Hartwell is a small town with some fantastic characters and I'm really interested in the future of this series. Some of my favourite characters included Bailey, Vaughn, Dana (yes, I do mean Dana) and George. I also liked Fatima and would love her to creep into this series.

I loved the On Dublin Street series and I think there is always trepidation if such a success can be followed up. Samantha Young has previously written some of my favourite male characters, and I'm adding Cooper to this group. I really enjoyed this read and I'm excited about the future books, so that's as much as you can ask from book one of a new series.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3PQEZCUVT4CO3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...