Thursday 8 September 2016

The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas


REVIEWED BY Becky Cox


The ProtectorThe Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Protective Stars

I have been so looking forward to The Protector. I am solidly on Jesse Cloud Nine so I couldn't wait to me Jake. He certainly didn't disappoint.

"Me? I'm a disturbed, twisted arsehole with a dark soul and a hard heart."

And he may have been those things, but he was also wonderfully handsome and stoic. Hot, did I mention HOT? Ex-military, private security, enormous demons, broken-heart and HOT. Not sure I mentioned that. Loved Jake and his smart mouth and cutting remarks. He was hired to protect Camille Logan, daughter to a ridiculously wealthy man. Another spoiled rich girl. He couldn't have been more wrong.

"Why do you have a gun?"
"To shoot you when you piss me off again."


The sexual tension between these two is like wildfire. I so enjoyed the build up of their chemistry before they exploded! Shew, give me a minute.



The story is fast paced with so many twist. I loved them all. The witty banter is never ending keeping me chuckling.




Jake changed a bit for me in a couple chapters near the end, but bounced back quickly at the end of the book. Truly loved his evolution.

Lucinda and Heather were great supporting characters and added so much to the story. There are a few others that I loved, loved but don't want any spoilers.

Thanks for another great read Jodi! Oh, and my husband listens to my endless rambling about books. He caught a picture of Jodi when I was showing him some stuff, and Ms. Malpas is now on his free pass list. ;-)

Reviewed for Becky by Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

View all my reviews


Amazon US


Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...