Wednesday 26 October 2016

Black Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Black Swan AffairBlack Swan Affair by K.L. Kreig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mind. Blown.

It's been a long while since I've read a book so angsty that it's almost unbearable. Black Swan Affair makes it clear from page one that this will be a read of discomfort but that it is compelling. I read the blurb before publication and just knew I had to read this and whilst I don't normally pre-order, I did in this case. KL Kreig is a 'new to me author' but she has well and truly placed herself on my radar and I would encourage you to also give this book a go.

This story centres on a love triangle that feels forbidden, two men and one woman. The weaving of this story and their actions was complex beyond what you might first suspect from the blurb. The story of Maverick and her love for two men Kael and Killan is both deep and superficial at times. One thing is clear, the men are consistent in their love.

"Can I live my life without her, feeling as if I've had a lung removed and will never breath again?"

The chemistry, lust and love are so well written. I believed, I lived their connections with them, I felt the highs and the lows. These characters were special because they were well written, I couldn't second guess their actions and I couldn't predict where the story would go. As I headed into the final quarter of the story, the desire to know the final destination was truly unbearable. I had to read without interruption to get to the culmination.

This book is a favourite of the year for me. I will remember it for a special torturous journey it took me on and for characters that made me feel and ache.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R16G7DCQ8EHL2Z/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...