Wednesday 5 October 2016

Down Shift by K.Bromberg



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Down Shift (Driven #8)Down Shift by K. Bromberg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 hard-earned emotive stars

It's been quite a while since I've sat down with K Bromberg. The last book I read was #3 and this is #8. As it happens Down Shift links perfectly with my last read in this series as it's all about Zander. Now, I've never read a book where it focuses on the 'children' as adults before, so I didn't know what to expect. This book exceeded my expectations completely and is my favourite by the author to date.

Zander and Getty have a circumstantial meeting and are brought together by random events. They have a big issue between them, shared but different. Abuse. It takes time to discover one another's pasts but they eventually do. The emotions in this book are both heavy concerning the past but also light when concerning the present. This balance is well written although complex to execute, I'm sure. The emotional and sexual connection between these two is organic and takes time to develop. I believed their feelings, their differences and their characteristics. The sexual interactions, although very well written were not the main focus of this book and that felt just right. There is tension in this book from various threats to the main characters and I thoroughly enjoyed the angst this brought; it was just the right dose.

Getty was a character I grew to respect hugely. What a woman, capable of hope despite being used all her life. She was a big ball of confused emotions and behaviours at first but she did unravel into a less complex, settled person. It was good to encounter Zander as a man and I enjoyed seeing his character development. Colton and Rylee's involvement in this book was welcome and well balanced.

I devoured this book in a day and a half and literally held my breath at various junctures, especially the latter part of the book. K Bromberg has honed her writing talent even more since I first read her a number of years ago. I will definitely now retreat and read the ones in the series I have missed.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...