Thursday 20 October 2016

Harley & Rose by Carmen Jenner


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Harley & RoseHarley & Rose by Carmen Jenner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Harley & Rose

My heart is hurting so much right now and I am a sobbing mess.

This book was not what I expected - in a good way and in a not so good way. I was expecting a friends to lovers slash second chance romance and what I got was soooooo much more. I really don't want to share the content of the book, but I will say that I wish I hadn't read it but at the same time, I'm glad that I did. It's been a long time since I've had my heart ripped out and stomped on and not quite put back together and the reason for that is simple; I'm not in an emotional place that really allows me to read such a book. Jenner took me on quite an emotional and unexpected roller-coaster ride and while I can't say that I wholly enjoyed it, it has certainly served to put life into perspective and remind us of what's really important.

Edited to add: I understand that it is certainly the authors choice as whether or not to include trigger warnings. I feel as though this book has more than one trigger and I believe it's extremely unfair for readers not to be warned prior to purchasing.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RQLAZN7SZAX6M/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1KQOY5UF4BCEJ/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...