Tuesday 18 October 2016

In The Middle Of Somewhere by Roan Parrish




REVIEWED BY Isa Jones

In the Middle of Somewhere
UNABRIDGED



Overall
Performance
Story
"Emotional and Hearfelt"
What made the experience of listening to In the Middle of Somewhere the most enjoyable?
Robert, I love his narration, he did such an amazing job with a very powerful storyline, He brought all the characters to life and made this story even more real.

What other book might you compare In the Middle of Somewhere to, and why?
It is hard for me to compare this book to any other as really I haven't read anything like it before. Don't get me wrong I have read plenty of M/M material but I think is unfair and unrealistic to compare it anything else. I will just say the book was exceptional..

Which scene did you most enjoy?
OMG so many! I love the encounter in the forest between Daniel and Rex it was so well described I almost felt like a voyeur into their rendezvous, and I loved every minute. I love Rex showing his sensitive side, so the scene after the cinema date was very emotional, as with most of the chapters of the book, I think I can't pinpoint one in particular.

Did you have an emotional reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
I have seldom cry with books but with this one, I was a blubbering mess! I love Daniel, I love his quirky, crazy, monologue speaking self; but most of all I love how in spite of life throwing him lemons, he has made the perfect lemonade! 
He reduced me to tears. And not taking anything away from the Author because ultimately this is her unbelievable writing, Robert OMG he just gave me my perfect Daniel, I felt like he was there talking to me telling me his poignant story.

Any additional comments?
This book without all the heavy drama that some of the greatest tales of love and survival normally have, could be easily compared to an 1890 Dickens novella where the lead character has come from a poor background or has learnt to make the best of a precarious situation going through life in search of something of value.
I will recommend this book to all lovers of the M/M romance but also to those who appreciate a good solid story with the added benefit of steamy sensual scenes.

"We can experience nothing but the present moment, live in no other second of time, and to understand this is as close as we can get to eternal life." PD James The Children Of Men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...