Monday 24 October 2016

Incredible You by Lili Valente


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Incredible YouIncredible You by Lili Valente
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Incredible You by Lili Valente

I don't like to play favorites but when I realized Valente was going to serve up my perfect combination of book tropes (RomCom and Sports), I had a feeling this would be my favorite Bastard book yet. And guess what? It totally is. This book had me riveted from the word go and I couldn't put it down till the end.

We have the delectable Jake, NY Rangers hockey player who needs a miracle to help him out of his current predicament involving one psychotic ex-girlfriend. He approaches Magnificent Bastard Consulting (MBC) to help him with a fake girlfriend and is paired with Shane, the Miraculous Mess. Shane, a vet at heart, runs her late aunts charity and is nursing deep wounds of her own.

You could practically feel the sparks scorching the pages from Jake and Shane's initial meeting and they. did. not. stop. There was plenty of heat and humor in this book -with a bit of suspense thrown in -to keep me heavily invested, but what I loved most was that although everything happened so quickly between Jake and Shane, you could still feel the love between them and it was very romantic and sweet. I love that Valente gave us two epilogues because I'm greedy like that, but also because I LOVED that extra glimpse of the future!

After meeting Addie, I was fully prepared to write the author an email begging for her story, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary because frankly, I cannot wait for it! All of the books in this series are complete standalones and I recommend every one of them.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RM077FYTSSU2O/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv


https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R33UC8CAD5KALF/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...