Monday 24 October 2016

Incredible You by Lili Valente


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

Incredible YouIncredible You by Lili Valente
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 *s

Shane Willoughby is asked by Bash to help with a case at MBC. Ice Hockey's royalty, Jake Falcone's ex girlfriend is accusing him of assault. They need to perceive to the public, and more importantly the ex Keri, that Jake is crazy about Shane and this will give her closure. They hit it off from a rocky opening, and it isn't long before things go from fake to real.

Shane is one sassy, smart and funny character. She has had some very tough hurdles to jump but it has matured her into a beautiful woman because she lives her life to the fullest. Jake is every girls swoon worthy sporting hero. He would take a bullet to protect the one he loves. He has not had the best choices in girlfriends previously but luck was on his side the day he walked into Shane's garden. Even though coming from different walks of life, they have a lot in common and their relationship develops at a fast pace. Together they need to remedy his image problem and other obstacles before they can reach their HEA.

This is the first book I have read of Lili Valente's and it has made me want to go and hunt down more - especially the first two books in this series - which are all standalones. I enjoyed the humor between these two - Lili is very clever in not going over board and hitting the mark spot on. There is also some suspense and sadness to give this book a rounded appeal. It has made me question getting another dog, as I want to use one of Shane's suggested names! And like Shane and Jake, I won't look at another piece of underwear the same. Also, I love a good epilogue, I need to know all the details for a perfect ending, and this was good for me.

If you are starting with this book for the series, you won't be lost at all, as there is enough background to understand the other characters from the first books. But I bet you are going to seek them out like me. Plus I get the feeling there is another being set up with Nate and Addie.

Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...