Wednesday 12 October 2016

Touching Down by Nicole Williams



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

Touching DownTouching Down by Nicole Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This second sports romance by Nicole Williams affirms her ability to write solidly in this genre. Where the last book was baseball, this book features football and in particular, a tight end called Grant. Ryan (the female lead) and Grant were each other's firsts. Ryan betrayed Grant and this book starts seven years later.

This book has its fair share of twists and turns and they don't take long to reveal themselves. These twists packed an emotional punch, one I had a suspicion about and another other pulled the rug from under my feet. I thought this book would rip my heart out and whilst it was emotional, it didn't shred me. It kept a light balance on the issues, with romance and family as the main focus.

Nicole Williams excels at creating male characters and Grant won me over quickly and then kept winning me over again and again. His commitment and loyalty were beautiful and sexy.

"So don't treat me like my love's some kind of light switch I can switch on and off depending on my mood. Because my love's like the goddamned sun. It never goes out."

Ryan was a character I wanted to get a bit deeper with but I didn't quite get there. I think she was so selfless as a character that I couldn't quite get the essence of her. The story flowed well and it turned out to be a deeper read than is typical of this genre. This author will always be an automatic read for me with her diversity of writing, genres and characters.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3I937K7CZ05IK/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...