Monday 21 November 2016

Consolation Prize by Linda Kage


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere

Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)Consolation Prize by Linda Kage
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Firstly I want to say how excited I was when I discovered this 9th book.......I just love this series! I did have a little trepidation because I thought Colton might just be too over the top with his flirting and ego....but it wasn't the case at all.

Colton is Noel and Brandt's younger brother that we have met in the previous books. He has had a hard childhood until his eldest brother came and took his siblings away from their trailer trash mother. So technically he was raised by a group of people which was to his benefit as he has taken on all their best qualities. The sweetness of Noel, the compassion of Aspen, the awareness of Brant, the sportiveness of Caroline, even the smart mouth of Oren makes him endearing. Colton is definitely no consolation prize. The way this family sticks together and helps each other out is something special. They have come from nothing but are rich in their commitment to each other. And Ten,......I don't know how, but he is always the one that gets a black eye! So funny.

Julianna is like an M&M, she has the harder outer shell that when cracked open, you discover her softer inner self. But don't be fooled, she is a tough woman that will fight till the death for those that matter. This is not an interracial story, yeah they are one, but this is more about two people bonding over childhood circumstances, they have a connection with night terrors and a banter that only a spirited couple has. It was awesome to read, and I think you will love this couple as much as me.


*Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.
** I received an early copy for an honest review.



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...