Thursday 17 November 2016

Filthy Rich by Raine Miller




REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar

Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)Filthy Rich by Raine Miller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Filthy Rich by Raine Miller

This is a story about my new, potentially favorite billionaire, Caleb Blackstone and the working-class interior designer, Brooke Casterley.

The two meet at a cocktail reception that Caleb is attending as a guest and Brooke is working as a waitress - her second job. The instant Caleb locks eyes on Brooke, he knows she's the one.

I really enjoyed this book from a new to me author. It was sweet and romantic and just the right amount of sexy. The characters were fabulous. Brooke has a painful past that she's trying to move on from and Caleb helps her get there. He's definitely a very sweet hero who, once he decides Brooke is the one, let's no one get in the way. He was all about Brooke and her happiness. I really loved them both. I also particularly enjoyed the story within the story of Brooke's grandmother getting her own HEA!

While I felt that the book was really well written, I found that some of the dialogue was a little stilted and that detracted from my reading experience. I also felt that the revelations that came about were a little rushed and almost glossed over - I would have like that explored a little further.

Filthy Rich is my first read by this author. My last? Most definitely not. I'm eagerly awaiting Filthy Lies and look forward to reading previous books by Miller.

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B01EFRSACI/RNEW4XMQGOLNH?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...