Wednesday 9 November 2016

One Snowy Night by Jill Shalvis



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard

One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay, #2.5)One Snowy Night by Jill Shalvis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This Christmas novella had all the potential in the world, good characters with a back story and depth, a previous connection and chemistry that was compelling. I was really into this story and then bam, it finished with a bang and not only that, the story accelerated in a way that it lost its tangibility. I was ready to give this story a high rating until the abrupt finish. Nevertheless, this was well written and crafted, reminding me to read more Jill Shalvis than I already have.

Max was a growly, kind of grumpy, hot guy. I could ascertain his interest in
Rory (female protagonist) immediately. Rory sure was a bit slower on the uptake. Rory was a bit of a contrast, self assured in some ways and lacking in self belief in others; but I liked her, she was flawed and real. These two were supported in the narrative by Carl, a huge, hulking dog that made me laugh.

I'd recommend this for a quick, Christmas mood read but be aware it finishes just over half way, with other book excerpts making up the remaining percentage.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through Edelweiss in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RQ0DOWIPJ7H6R/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...