Wednesday 28 December 2016

Hate Story by Nicole Williams

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Hate StoryHate Story by Nicole Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars.

The perfect way to end the year is with a Nicole Williams book. This was a book that was easy to read from the get-go, sucking you in within a few pages. I have read a few stories centred on payment for marriage but this definitely felt different and new. This marriage plan wasn't a snap decision and they both went into the agreement eyes open. I literally couldn't wait for the story to unfurl.

Max was a German business powerhouse. He needed his green card and was pretty obnoxious in all things. I soon realised that all you saw with Max was a mask. Nina was a likable, permanently down-other-luck kind of woman. Despite the 'keep off' signs, I liked her. This was a book with fantastic banter and dialogue between the two main characters. The side characters were merely a supporting cast, this was all about Nina and Max.

The chemistry between these two was sizzling and I was anticipating fireworks. Bang! The cockiness of Max's character transformed into something else when they were real with one another. I enjoyed getting under both their skins.

Nicole Williams has written some diverse books this year and Hate Story compliments the 2016 collection very nicely. I am never disappointed by one of her reads. I am not really a fan of the cover, and if you aren't, please don't let that put you off, because what's inside is a read you do not want to miss.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...