Thursday 8 December 2016

Size Matters by Alison Bliss


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar


Size Matters (A Perfect Fit #1)Size Matters by Alison Bliss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Size Matters by Alison Bliss
4.5*

This was a great new read from Bliss featuring an insecure, curvy baker, Leah and the foot-in-mouth diseased, builder Sam.

After a disastrous initial meeting and several meetings later, Sam helps Leah deliver her ex-boyfriends wedding cake and winds up as her self-appointed fake fiancé who subsequently moves to spend an entire weekend with her family. In order for Leah to save face, it's decided that Sam will act as unappealing and uncouth as possible in order for Leah's family to be thrilled at the eventual breakup.

At so many points throughout this book, I was literally laughing out loud to the point of scaring my young family. I've found that Bliss and humor go hand-in-hand and she never disappoints on that level. I loved how Sam was so quick to defend Leah, even to herself! He was clearly smitten but I don't think I've come across anyone who is so lacking in communication skills!

I really enjoyed this latest from Bliss although there were a few factors that detracted slightly from me giving it a five star rating. Sam was awesome on the whole, but the way he occasionally treated Leah grated on me a little as did Leah constantly assuming the worst. I understand that she's an insecure person and given her mothers treatment and attitude, I couldn't even blame her for it, but I did get to the point of rolling my eyes a few times because it did get a little old. Overall, I thought this was fantastic and highly recommended.

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1FNP2WXEOVZI8/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

1 comment:

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...