Friday 23 December 2016

What I love about Dublin by Amanda Laneley

REVIEWED BY Becky Cox 



What I love about dublinWhat I love about dublin by Amanda Laneley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What I Love About Dublin had some great characters.

Sara leaves her home and travels to Dublin, Ireland to escape a broken relationship and give herself some breathing space to heal.

She got a job teaching at a local university and moves in with an eclectic group that are sharing a house. Fran is hilarious and ends up being a good friend to Sara. Colin and Armando, also good friends to Sara, are both vastly different but entertaining as well.

Daniel, the last housemate is a bit of a jerk. He lightens up at times but seems to jump to conclusions quickly and is usually wrong. He has past relationship troubles but wears his heart on his sleeve.

I genuinely liked most of the characters and the story itself is lovely. Has a good combination of humor, angst and romance. There were some unnecessary misunderstandings that were a bit annoying. Daniel frustrated me very much. Sara had a naive quality and she made some false assumptions along the way as well. When they aren't avoiding each other, they have some special moments.

I understand this is Amanda Laneley's debut novel. Congratulations on taking the leap! I saw great potential in Fran and Armando's relationship for a future story.

I was provided a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks


View all my reviews
Amazon US


Amazon UK


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...