Tuesday 3 January 2017

All The Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

REVIEWED BY Becky Cox 


All the Ugly and Wonderful ThingsAll the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The title couldn't be any more perfect.

First off this book is definitely not for everyone. If a young girl and an older guy is disturbing to you walk away. There are multiple triggers for readers: violence and abuse are just a few. I, in general, don't have a problem with anything if it is well written and makes sense in the story.

I am okay with the subject matter in the context of this book. The dire situation of Wavy and Donal is heartbreaking. It is even more disturbing that these are realities for too many children.

Kellen is just a guy trying to help out a little girl and through time and general proximity things change for both of them.

Greenwood tells this story in multiple points of view which is unusual but really was perfect for this book. Wavy is an exceptional character that I think about daily since I finished reading and am sure I will for awhile to come.

"I could have told him there was no sense in rushing toward being dead. It would find you soon enough, anbd before it did there were pleasures to make your heart hurt less."

All the Ugly and Beautiful Things is a story that will stay with me. I will ponder the shit that was Wavy's young world. I will ponder the wrongest of horrible people having children to mentally and physically abuse. I will bring it up in conversation with my book friends over wine. Yeah, it will be around awhile.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks
http://joandisalovebooks.com/
http://joandisalovebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

View all my reviews

Amazon US

https://www.amazon.com/review/R206BEUJTHMSDG/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2YVYP1DS3Z7CN/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...