Thursday 12 January 2017

Frostblood by Elly Blake

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)Frostblood by Elly Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This book was sheer enjoyment. The pace was perfect from start to finish and I was kept fully engaged throughout. This YA fantasy provided plot, sizzling chemistry, characters I loved and a longing for the rest of the books in the series.

Ruby was an interesting character and in truth, not immediately likeable. She was a scrappy-little-thing, scrabbling for survival and hurting others, so she wasn't particularly endearing. Yet, there's just something about her. Ruby was brought to a refuge and there I met characters that I liked immediately, Brother Gamut and Brother Thistle. Arcus was another matter, the grump of grumps, disfigured and strong, compelling. Where Ruby was a scrappy-little-thing, Arcus was a powerhouse.

The world described in this book was interesting, I found the world-building not over laboured and easy to grasp. I haven't read mammoth amounts of fantasy, so it felt new to me. I enjoyed the concepts of firebloods and frostbloods. Does it have similarities to other fantasy? Well yes, but doesn't every romance loosely follow a similar plot? Yes, it does. So there was enough unique in this to feel like a darn, good story.

I enjoyed Elly Blake's writing immensely and I will highly anticipate the next book.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...