Monday 16 January 2017

Love In Lingerie by Alessandra Torre

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


Love in LingerieLove in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3-3.5 stars

Love in Lingerie promised to deliver on a trope I favour, office romance. When written well, office connections can be intense and thrilling. The office context is cleverly constructed and underpins the story well. The significant timeline for this story is a real strength, the long haul being the focus.

The connection between the MCs Trey and Kate was definitely intense. I devoured their story initially but as the story progressed I did become a little frustrated with a repetitive back and forth and a lack of courage from these two. However, I enjoyed their friendship and their misfires on the journey. I'm a fan of the slow burn so that element was a definite plus. The tension between Kate and Trey was ever-present and I couldn't help but be compelled by their story. The secret between them underwhelmed me however, and I longed for a Torre-twist.

I liked this book but I didn't love it. Because I'm a Alessandra Torre fan in every genre she's written, I have expectations and this one didn't wholly meet mine. I found it light in flavour and I wanted more from the couple. That said, it delivers on a light contemporary romance that is a short-ish, sexy read.

A copy of is book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...