Tuesday 10 January 2017

Shadow Lily by G.J. Walker Smith

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar



Shadow Lily (Wishes #6.5)Shadow Lily by G.J. Walker-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Shadow Lily by GJ Walker-Smith

I adore the Wishes series from Walker-Smith and Shadow Lily is the perfect addition. If you've read the series, you'll recall Lily Tate - one of the Beautifuls of Pipers Cove (and if you haven't, what are you waiting for??) and this is her story.

Lily is tired of being treated like a brainless fool and from being her sisters lackey. She's determined to start up her own business and step out from under her family's thumb. She develops an unlikely friendship with Charli who helps her realize her dreams and her worth.

I didn't expect to have any sympathy for Lily. She wasn't a very nice person growing up and frankly, her happiness was never my concern. This very factor is what I find so appealing about Walker-Smiths writing: she takes the characters you dislike the most and breathes so much life and heart into them that you can't help feel love toward them - in my case Jean-Luc (he's mine) and now Lily. Throw in a lovely country vet who adores Lily, and this book was utter perfection. This truly is a welcome addition to the Wishes series and another one I heartily recommend.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.



View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B01L9CZKTS/RFLJXZR8NU2CQ?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...