Friday 27 January 2017

The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar


The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan
2.5*

This is a little twist on the usual, best friends little sister, giving us a slightly forbidden best friends younger brother story. We have the former geek turned stud, Cannon and his sisters best friend, Paige. After Cannon is kicked out of his rental due to uncalled-for shenanigans, his sister begs her best friend Paige to rent Cannon her spare room. Unbeknownst to his sister, Cannon has, since they all grew up together, always had a crush on Paige.

This book had soooooo much promise but unfortunately for me, it just did not deliver. The blurb suggested a fun and flirtatious RomCom but I found myself rolling my eyes far too often for comfort. I think our 'hero', Cannon was supposed to be a cocky alpha but came across as an obnoxious ass and our 'heroine' is purported to be a confident and successful woman and she loses her mind over the hero? Just no. What really grated on me was Cannon's sister and Paige's best friend had far too much say in her brothers life. I mean, come on, he's a grown man and the way she spoke about him and what her expectations were and what wasn't a good idea and so on really was just too much. And this is coming from someone who absolutely LOVES a strong and healthy family connection.

I have read and enjoyed many of the authors previous books but unfortunately, this one just wasn't for me.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2FJJOZ45YZV6S/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...