Thursday 9 February 2017

A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart

REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere


A Thousand LettersA Thousand Letters by Staci Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let me say, this is not your typical Staci Hart book, but it is still pretty great!
I was expecting a light hearted, full of banter rom com, but what I received was a book full of hope and loss and angst that was so deep and raw, it kept me engaged.

Time - it can sometimes be on your side, and sometimes not...... and that is a hard lesson that Wade and Elliot have to learn. And this next lesson will test them both again. Wade is home from the army to say goodbye to his father, who only has a matter of weeks left. It is going to be challenging for him and his sisters to deal with, but also he has to contend with the girl he let go.... sweet Elliot. She has been in limbo for the last seven years, trying to move on, but seeing him again will be difficult. Can time heal all wounds?

Even though I wanted to yell at Wade a couple of times, I still loved him, the big brute! He was stubborn but always protective of what was his. Elliot comes across as a meek and mild character, but she is aware of her family treating her like dirt. She is also aware she hasn't really started to live her life, but with some time, she does make some changes and becomes the strong woman Wade knows and loves.

This book is definitely going to bring out all your emotions to the surface and it will take some time to know love does conquer all.
"Let us never underestimate the power of a well-written letter.” - Jane Austen, Persuasion.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...