Monday 13 February 2017

A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart

Reviewed by Becky Cox 



A Thousand LettersA Thousand Letters by Staci Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Thousand Letters pulled at my heart strings from the beginning. It is a second chance romance set around a terminal illness of a family member.

Elliot best friend Sophie's father has fallen ill. Sophie also happens to be the sister of the boy who broke her heart.

Wade left for the military at 18 and hasn't been home but briefly for holidays over the years. Elliot hasn't see him since he left.

I was a bit frustrated with Wade at times in his reasoning for his actions. On one had I can see why he did what he did initially but then I think he could have mended fences.

Elliot was a mouse who grew to be a cat. I wanted to push her or yell at her family at times but she came into her own eventually. I get her wanting to avoid conflict and sometimes it is easier to just agree than to argue but at some point you have to put on your big girl panties and she did.

The story was very emotional for me. The family moments with Sophie's dad were moving and heartfelt. I would recommend this book to any reader who loves a second chance romance.

I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

Reviewed by Becky for Jo&IsaLoveBooks

View all my reviews

Amazon US


Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...