Tuesday 7 February 2017

Falling Into Blue, Love is Forever Blue and Honeysuckle's Fire by Donalyn Maurer


REVIEWED BY Tina Shobe 


Falling Into Blue (A McGinty's Of San Antonio #1)Falling Into Blue by Donalyn Maurer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is arm chair gripping!

Jaycee McGinty has a hard time moving on in her life after the loss of her Grandpa. Her family is all worried about her.

She meets the too-good-too be true Rocky Jennings. You just know as soon has we meet him that that something is just 'off'.

It doesn't take long for his evil side to emerge. Jaycee attempts to move on in her life with very attractive Max but Rocky won't let her go. She's not only fighting for her own life but for her family's also.

This book is extremely well written. My emotions were all over the place. Having survived a past abusive relationship I was right there with Jaycee begging for the abuse to stop and for her to find a way to fight and survive.

I felt like I was right there in the book watching everything happening around me. I knew the instant we meet Rocky's Mom that she's also abused and his dad is just pure evil.

The very end of the book has you thinking that Jaycee if finally free.....then comes the epilogue. What a cliffhanger....is he alive or isn't he.....

On to book 2 because I can't handle the suspense!

Falling Into Blue, Book 1






 Love Is Forever BlueLove Is Forever Blue by Donalyn Maurer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book 2 in the McGinty's of San Antonio series. I'm very thankful that I got to read these books back to back as I think the suspense would of killed me.

I highly recommend you read these books in order so you get the full affect of the story. Trust me, you'll want too.

This book starts off with Jaycee McGinty and her sister, Abigail surviving the brutal attack by her over-the-edge ex-boyfriend, Rocky.

Max's (Blue) and Jaycee's love is getting stronger. His love for her, his patience with her, his understanding is beyond amazing! He's definitely one of a kind. Though his support Jaycee recovers and becomes stronger than ever. She is one tough lady!

In this book we discover why Rocky was the way he was. I was right, his dad is pure evil and there is more than his dad involved.

I really like Johnny's character. He's Max's brother.

Just when they think the threat is over...it's not....

It's amazing how all the characters in this book intertwine.

At the end of this book we discover Rocky is still alive and is going to go renegade. Lincoln and himself also find out they have a sister that they unknowingly know. It's now up to Lincoln to protect her.

This book is very well written and kept me intrigued the whole way through. I just love this series and am onto book 3.

Love is Forever Blue, book 2




 Honeysuckle's FireHoneysuckle's Fire by Donalyn Maurer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book 3 in the McGinty's of San Antonio Series. I consider myself very fortunate that I was able to read these three books back to back. My overall take on this series is that is just amazing. The suspense, the romance, the intrigue is awesome. The characters are very well developed.

Book is Abigail McGinty's and Nick Callaghan's story. We met Nick briefly in book 1 when he came with Rocky's brother Lincoln to help rescue Jaycee and Abigail.

In book 2 we get to know him a little better when he's visiting Abigail in the hospital. You know that old saying that you know your soulmate with one glance, that is very true for these two. Their love is very strong.

The downside is that Nick's life is in Lubbock, Texas. In order to be together Abigail has to move and she is just too scared to make that step. On one hand I can completely understand her not wanting to move away from her family. They have been through hell and back. On other hand I want to smack her upside the head and say 'girl, it's time to put on the big girl panties and make that step'.

You can actually feel Nick's devastation. The author has such a great way of making you feel what each character feels and is going through.

Abigail makes the move to Nick's and life is going very well for them. Then the demons from the past try to tear them apart. They'll either grow together together or live with heartache apart.

We get to revisit with all the McGinty's, Max (Blue), Lincoln in this book plus get introduced to some new characters.

I absolutely love this series and am doing the countdown to book 4.

View all my reviews

Honeysuckle Fire, book 3




1 comment:

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...