Thursday 2 February 2017

Good Boy by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Good Boy (WAGs, #1)Good Boy by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Good Boy by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy

Wow this book wasn't quite what I expected and I mean that in the best way possible. I thought it would be something more serious in nature but this was pure sports romance slash RomCom perfection! If you've read Him and Us by this dynamic duo, you'll have met some of these characters already but if you haven't, fret not! I've only read Him and I didn't feel lost at any time, nor did I feel that there were past references that went over my head.

I laughed so freaking much while reading this book. Some of the things that came out of Blake's mouth had me in fits and the title of this book is a perfect fit because Blake is like a rambunctious puppy that you try and calm down by telling him he's a 'good boy'. His inner monologue was a pleasure to read. I just adored him. And him? He adored Jess! Jess is the perfect contrast to Blake's playful nature. She's ashamed of constantly disappointing her family with her constant career changes and is serious about obtaining her nursing degree and making her family finally proud. She moves to the same city as Blake, and as much as he tries to tear down her walls, she maintains that she doesn't want anything serious with him, or with anyone else.

I know this was an absolutely fabulous light and fluffy RomCom but it had a good dose of substance too. There are some deep layers to both these characters and it was a pure pleasure discovering them all. I adored everything about the book and these characters and I absolutely cannot wait for the next book in the WAGs series. I don't hesitate to recommend this to everyone!

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R33H5FWY609M5I/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...