Wednesday 1 February 2017

How To Date A Douchebag, The Failing Hours by Sara Ney



REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



The Failing Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #2)The Failing Hours by Sara Ney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This was a book that's built and built to an almighty crescendo. It starts by painting the picture of Zeke, King Douche. If you thought Oz was a douche, he's a polite gentleman in comparison to Zeke. I'm partial to some bad boy but he was a step beyond. Yet, I was sucked into the why of who Zeke was, the relationships and the story.

Violet was a shy, stuttering young woman who seemed a push-over but she wasn't, she had spark and stood her ground. I loved her. Zeke was big and brooding with a slice of no-filter and no-compassion. Zeke was a man fighting connections, in denial of needing anyone or anything. He drew me in, I wanted him to grow up and truly be a man.

"I wish I could say I was going to try harder to not be such a dick, but this is who I am. I'm an ass and I've been like this a long time."

The story was great and engaging especially after 30% it just incrementally pulled me in. The outlander scene was an absolute favourite. The steam and physical connections were utterly smoking. The writing met my expectations from book one and I had high expectations regarding the chapter headings; I was not disappointed, I laughed and sniggered. I highly recommend this series and I'm in suspense about where it will go next.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...