Friday 17 February 2017

Pucked Off by Helena Hunting


REVIEWED BY Monique Cashmere 


Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)Pucked Off by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lance has always intrigued me, throughout this whole series, I knew his story was going to be a doozy, and it was! The first chapter had me hurting for him so bad and I just wanted to know more. Helena was brilliant in setting up this story line. From the earlier books, you assume you know the outcome, but the old saying of two sides to every story rings true.

Lance was just so compelling and consuming. He will be the first to tell you it is either a little or full force. And Lance at full force is delectable. His story is not an easy one to hear, he has demons from his childhood that has deep scars and makes it hard for him to trust. He has been burnt before. After getting into a bar brawl, saving a woman from domestic violence, he is in need of a therapeutic massage to get the kinks out before the pre season game. This in itself is torture, and not because of all the bruising. Although, an unexpected thing happens when he meets Poppy. For the first time ever, he enjoyed a massage and is now hooked on her hands.

What I loved most about this story was Lance, his vulnerabilities and insecurities were real and didn't feel forced. They way this couple came together wasn't instant and the time it took them to discover their feelings was magic. There was some angst, but it wasn't over any silly misunderstanding. These two acted like normal adults. Once Lance knew that Pretty Poppy was someone special, he was determined to keep her safe from outsiders. I am finding it hard to say this, but I think I love Lance more than Randy Balls! And that is saying something. Lance just makes me go all goo gar and I am so contented he found his HEA.

This is a standalone book, and you will be able to follow along with no problems. You will meet a few of the other couples from the previous books, which I am sure will make you want to go and read them too. If this is not your first Pucked book, this is a must one for the Pucked series lovers.

*I received a copy for an honest review.
**Reviewed for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog.

View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...