Thursday 9 February 2017

Riveted by Jay Crownover

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)Riveted by Jay Crownover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

RIVETED felt more like a Marked Men book than the previous Saints of Denver to me. The type of story and Church as a character, in particular, felt like Marked Men crew. I'm not complaining, it worked and fitted in well.

Church was a closed-off character, self-restrained and close to no-one. He was so elusive in the initial part of the book, it was a guessing game as to who he was and why he was this way. Dixie was the opposite, an open page, bright and genuine. They say opposites attract and this was the pull between these two. I felt they needed one another for balance.

The story engaged me immediately, but didn't always consistently keep me reading. I liked the side characters, in particular, all of Church's family enhanced the read. Yet, I found this a difficult one to rate because for me, the book had ebb and flow. I lost a bit of interest at times but felt totally engaged at others. I've set on 4 stars from an enjoyment overall kind of perspective.

I think I know where the next book is going and that set up really intrigues me. Jay Crownover always keeps me coming back for more.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R28AZIM6Z5S5M0/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...