Friday 24 February 2017

Roman by Sawyer Bennett

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)Roman by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

This was one of the most enjoyable Cold Fury instalments yet. I loved some of the early books most until now, until ROMAN. This was a book with parallel stories and family was central to the feel of this read.

ROMAN has one of my favourite heroines in the whole series. Lexi is really out of the box in terms of the women that have come before in Cold Fury. She was quirky and strong with a soft, loving centre. Lexi was the kind of woman who is willing to put herself out there and risk her heart for the promise of reward. It was impossible not to like her, her spark, sense of style and simplicity of life. Roman himself was not a natural pairing for Lexi at first glance but Lexi brought him to a standstill and caused re-evaluation of his lifestyle and isolation. I wasn't sure I liked Roman until I saw how he was with Lexi; these two were total, serious steam with a side of slow burn. Their connection felt fresh within the series and the chemistry was convincing and enjoyable.

One of the key parts of this book is the family story. I loved everything about this storyline and the weaving of previous characters within this. The richness of this particular part of the story was wonderful and I felt sucked in.

Sawyer Bennett can write me a Cold Fury man of Roman's ilk anytime and I'll be ready to read it. This remains a series I'll keep coming back for more of.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3OINQ96TIBJ4B/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...