Monday 27 February 2017

Roman by Sawyer Bennett


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7)Roman by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Roman by Sawyer Bennett

Having read Max just a few days ago, I was extremely apprehensive about getting into Roman because there wasn't much that I enjoyed about the former. I'm so glad I persevered and read this. It was a great fun and flirty read with engaging and likable characters.

Lexi has recently lost her mother to cancer and on her mothers deathbed finally learned the identity of her father. She reaches out to Brian Brannon, president and CEO of the Cold Fury not wanting a single thing but a sense of belonging and family. I really liked Lexi; she was fun and funny and strong and resilient and very very sweet. I actually think she was pretty perfect: she didn't want to hurt anyone but went about and did what suited her and made herself happy.

Roman is the teams baddest bad boy. He's a beast on the ice, and does what he wants, when he wants, how he wants and consequences be damned. He's constantly butting heads with the team manager who happens to be Lexi's older half-sister, Gray. I have to say, wasn't a fan of Gray at all in this book. As much as I liked her in Ryker, she kind of ruined all the warm and fuzzies I had for her.

The book is written in multiple viewpoints: Roman, Lexi, and Brian - father of Gray and Lexi and owner of the Cold Fury. I have to say that I loved that extra viewpoint from a mature character and particularly enjoyed the love story within the love story. I just have to question why, out of 7 books in this series, 4 so far mention cancer, however minutely. That's getting damn tiresome. Irrespective of that, Roman was a great book and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1SN0SDSCG10VP/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...