Thursday 9 February 2017

The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


The Duke (Victorian Rebels, #4)The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 - 5 stars

I'm a little undecided on the rating but I'm clear that this was an excellent read in many ways. This book consumed me for 24 hours and I was immersed in Cole and Imogen from a gripping start to a resounding finish. THE DUKE continues along the lines of anti-hero like the rest of this series but this is my favourite so far.

The book immediately reeled me in with a fascinating start and a connection between the two characters. This book narrates a journey of 3-4 years and the later Cole is a man who has changed from their initial interactions. He's not particularly likeable but it's inevitable that you empathise with him as a reader. I grew to like him despite his characteristics.

"Apprarently in the time since he'd returned, he'd not only recovered from his illness and injury, he'd........transformed. The man who stood before me was someone entirely new."

I often chat to my friends and comment in reviews of my love for a strong female lead character. Imogen was that in buckets. I admired her resilience, her tenacity and her ambitions for her new circumstances. She had the softest heart coupled with a robust will and the ability to stand her ground for her gender. Cole and Imogen clashed like titans and their dialogue was amusing, passionate and heartfelt.

THE DUKE has ultimately made me feel good and I'm happy to add this to my favourites bookshelf for 2017, an early entry and most deserved. Kerrigan Byrne wrote this story so that I rode with the tide, not thinking, just absorbing. She did a wonderful job of taking me out of a recent historical dry spell.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R2W9YDKNHNBZVH/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...