Monday 27 February 2017

The Hot One by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


The Hot OneThe Hot One by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Hot One by Lauren Blakely

This second chance romance is the perfect blend of sexy, sweet, and oh so romantic and is delivered with Blakely's signature style. This is the story of Tyler, a hot-shot entertainment lawyer (and cousin to Clay!!) and his college girlfriend, Delaney.

After Tyler broke her heart all those years ago, Delaney certainly moved on and changed career paths to become a massage therapist. She has amazing friends, a successful business, and is indeed happy but she's never forgotten Tyler and no one else has ever measured up to him. In any way, shape, or form. As with all of Blakely's heroines, Delaney is a strong, self-sufficient woman. She doesn't take nonsense and isn't afraid to speak her mind. However, when Tyler begs another chance from her, she is understandably hesitant in allowing him back in.

I've yet to meet a Blakely boy I haven't loved and Tyler is no exception. Cheeky, cocky, impulsive. Perfection. He takes no prisoners when it comes to his work life and that also extends to Delaney. After following the advice of his esteemed professor all those years ago and put his career before love, Tyler now has the opportunity to right things with Delaney if he can only convince her to give him a chance. And naturally, what better way to convince her than to present himself naked at her place of business? Well it must've seemed like a good idea at the time lol.

These two together are just a huge ball of simmering sexual tension. The book has a bit of a slow burn (which I LOVE) feel and when they finally get together again it. is. explosive. Seriously, one of the hottest scenes that had me panting and fanning myself and that was just with a few well placed words!

I absolutely adore this series (and I use the word 'series' loosely because this isn't a series as such). While it doesn't have the bawdy, male point of view RomCom vibe, it delivers humor, chemistry, and heart - lots and lots of heart! - to the table. I find this to be a sweeter, more romantic style that really hits the spot for me in an alternate way. I particularly love that we get the cameo appearances from characters we got to know and love previously (Simon! Clay! Penny!) and see how they're traveling along. This book is another hit for me and one I absolutely recommend.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3FF9VLGQAFCWL/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2LPWC3FNDLEA1/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...