Thursday 9 February 2017

Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



WintersongWintersong by S. Jae-Jones
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

This book is a riddled tale that is both intriguing and convoluted. It is like climbing a mountain where you see the peak and when you get there, it isn't the summit and it is only the final pages where questions are answered and things mostly make sense.

The man without a name, Der Erlkönig, the Goblin King, is the star of this show. He's elusive, inviting, mean-spirited and a lost soul. The timelessness of his nature is rather confusing and I suspect my own words in this review are slightly confusing as a result. However, I constantly wanted to know more about him, how he came to be, why he wanted Elizabeth and what his role in the underworld and the world above was.

Elizabeth, Leisl was also a great character. The sensible young woman within her family, understated and brushed-over. Yet, she had caught the eye of Der Erlkönig. I longed for a life of satisfaction and blossoming for Elizabeth.

This book left me a little unsatisfied with a sense of lack of completion even when there is completion and I had many questions about what could have been and what could happen later. The story was a little too elusive in narrative but the characters were so well developed. I enjoyed this book but I wanted more.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RCOEVYEZAO20A/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...