Tuesday 7 March 2017

Cheater by Rachel Van Dyken

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)Cheater by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cheater by Rachel Van Dyken

This book was an unexpected surprise - a good one! I wasn't sure I'd actually like this book, given the title and the assumptions that go along with it, but it wasn't exactly what I expected. I expected that Lucas Thorn was a serial cheater. He wasn't. He did, however, have a different girl for every day of the week excluding Sunday which was reserved for his sister. When his new intern arrives, it turns out to be the little sister of his ex-fiancé - who he'd started to develop strong feelings for before the wedding that never was. Naturally, Avery hates Lucas on (second) sight but needs the internship more than anything.

I really enjoyed the characters. Avery has such a quick wit and sharp tongue and I just couldn't get enough of her! She might be a few years younger than Lucas but she wasn't having a bar of his bullshit and didn't hesitate to call him out on it. Lucas was quite the shithead but I still liked him! I get it, he has a different girl every day but he truly didn't think he was doing anything wrong because 'it's not cheating if they know about it'. I wanted to smack him a time or two but realized that something made him the way he is and he obviously doesn't think he deserves any better.

I love a good RomCom and Cheater had so many ridiculous one-liners that had me snorting in bed because I just could not hold the laughter in. Some of the things that happened were so farfetched that the mind truly boggled, but if you just read the book as a light-hearted, romantic, enemies to lovers, you'll enjoy it for exactly that. Don't over-analyze. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this series especially knowing who it'll be about.

*arc received from publisher in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R7MFN3UBX1AEL/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...