Sunday 26 March 2017

Confessions of a Carpool Captive by Dawn L. Chiletz


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Confessions of a Carpool CaptiveConfessions of a Carpool Captive by Dawn L. Chiletz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Confessions of a Carpool Captive by Dawn L Chiletz

This is only my second book by Chiletz and I'm seriously addicted to her characters and her brand of humor.

Confessions of a Carpool Captive is a delicious RomCom starring the truly introverted, queen of keeping people at length, and closet storyteller, Liz and the gorgeous, relentless, blowup doll toting Finn. Yea... you read that right. I mean, who would use a blowup doll to take advantage of the carpool lane? That would be one Finnigan Walsh. Liz spots him being pulled over by a police officer while both are on their way to work and recognizes him as someone she met the previous week who'd just started at the same company. While Liz takes comfort from numbers, Finn is a marketing man and he uses every weapon in his arsenal to reel Liz in.

Against her express wishes, circumstances drive Liz to accept Finn's offer of carpooling to work only she somehow ropes a few others along the way. For a non-people person, she manages to find a few recruits. It's from here that the fun really begins.

There's not one thing I didn't enjoy about this book. The characters are so fun and engaging and an absolute delight to read about and I'm not just talking about the main characters! The supporting characters added so much to the story and helped create something truly unique. They were family of a kind and just awesome.

Liz is someone I can relate to, to an extent. I'm not a huge fan of people, but give me all the words and I'm happy not to talk to anyone for days! Liz just needs her numbers and she's a happy camper. But don't be mistaken, she's not shy, she's not backwards in coming forward. She just genuinely doesn't give two shits and that's cool. Finn comes along and shows her what she's been missing and it was fabulous being along for the ride.

Oh Finn, Finn, Finn. I adored him. He has his own history that's impacted the person he is now and he had an appreciation for why Liz the way she is. His own gorgeous personality and his treatment of Liz were just perfection. He was fun loving, a sweetheart, and knew when to give Liz her space. I could read about him and them for hours! In fact, my one gripe about this book is that it should have been wayyyyyy longer but that's just my greed talking!

I absolutely recommend this book especially if you love RomComs with quirky heroines! I'm looking forward to the next book from Chiletz and hoping she'll use one of the characters we met in Confessions of a Carpool Captive *hint hint* *shoots a meaningful look*

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.



View all my reviews
https://www.amazon.com/review/R17LY8TVBDYP3N/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1YV3B5QAOA1IJ/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

TAKE A PEEK...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...