Thursday 30 March 2017

The Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard


The Night MarkThe Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a different style of writing and book for Tiffany Reisz but I can say that TR showed talent in her creative versatility, being able to write something like this and make it compelling. THE NIGHT MARK is a mix of time-travel, historical, contemporary and women's fiction. It might be a mix of genres, but I enjoyed the story without dissecting it; I just rolled with the waves.

THE NIGHT MARK is about a women Faye, finding her identity after multiple grief experiences and a divorce. She's never let go of her first husband, Will and she sees a picture of a lighthouse keeper in the 1920s who is uncannily the image of Will. I will not go further in terms of story line but I can say that I loved the story in 1921 the most. Carrick was a man I grew to know, admire and love. The side characters of Dolly and Pat were so well written and the character development in general was excellent. The connections and emotions were conveyed in a way that I felt invested and on edge. The description in this book painted a clear picture of setting and events without feeling heavy. The story is complex, you can't look away for fear of missing some key piece of the jigsaw but that complexity fit the general concept well.

If you're expecting the heat and twisty steam of Reisz's other books, you need to know this is not written with those themes, this is so utterly different. However, I recommend this to her fans because this is the kind of book worth taking a chance on and I would love to read more of her work in this kind of style.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1YHEGGLJWRSNJ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...