Tuesday 7 March 2017

Unwritten by Jen Frederick


REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Unwritten (Woodlands, #5)Unwritten by Jen Frederick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Unwritten by Jen Frederick

This is the fifth book in Frederick's Woodlands series of standalones and is rocker -and rock stars son- Adam's story.

The book starts off with Adam performing on stage where he lays his eyes on The One. Unbeknownst to him, the red-headed girl is his lead singer, Davis' sister, Landry and she looks a little worse for wear. Adam and his band are set to go on a five month tour however, given that she has a stalker, Davis doesn't feel comfortable leaving Landry behind so she comes along for the ride but not before an edict is issued by her brother that's makes her hands-off to the whole band and everyone traveling with them. You can imagine how well that goes down with Adam.

In all fairness, the attraction between Adam and Landry is there from the get-go. Adam heroically holds back somewhat out of respect for Davis (ok, not really) but more so because Landry confesses that while she has a bit of a crush on him, she still sees him safe. Yea, I totally smacked my forehead at that point too. The attraction builds until they can't take it any longer and act but not before agreeing to keep it from Davis. As a result, this had a forbidden feel to it which I normally quite like. While I could understand Landry's reasoning behind keeping the relationship a secret, it still pissed me off because hello? A grown woman shouldn't have to hide things like this from her brother!

Overall, I enjoyed this book as I have done the whole series. Landry is a very smart cookie and one who I enjoyed getting to know. Adam is a rocker who may have fit the stereotype previously but now is such a sweetheart toward Landry! There was a lot of humor in this book which was great and it was a bit of a slow burn which is definitely not a bad thing! While this isn't my favorite book in the Woodlands series, it's still a series I recommend.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1BMQT0WFFW3D3/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...