Wednesday 12 April 2017

Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray

Reviewed By Micky Barnard 


Defy the StarsDefy the Stars by Claudia Gray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sci-Fi YA is my new reading sweet spot. It's only April and I've already experienced my two epic YA Sci-Fi reads. This book blew me away with its uniqueness and originality of both storyline and characters. This book is going to be truly memorable.

DEFY THE STARS centres on Noemi, a female fighter pilot (in the stars) who finds herself wrecked both emotionally and with a damaged ship. She is hurt and grieving when she happens upon an unrecognisable mech (robot inside, human outside) called Abel. The character growth of both Noemi and Abel in is book is immense, touching and emotional. These two crossed the universe and I had no idea what would happen with this story, page to page. I laughed, I definitely teared up and my heart ached. Something needs to be mentioned about Abel's creator here, this story threaded through twisted in a way I didn't see, very cleverly. A bunch of side characters brought diversity and depth to the book.

This is my first read by Claudia Gray. She had a way with words that made Sci-Fi techy-easy, she pushed tangible emotion through the pages and made me lose myself in the story. I'm excited to read more by her. More than anything, I need more after that culmination and this better be a series!

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley, in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1IBYV4OSR31F2/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...