Tuesday 11 April 2017

Head-Tripped: A Sexy Rock Star Romance by Nicole Archer

REVIEWED BY Tina Shobe 


Head-Tripped: A Sexy Rock Star Romance  (Ad Agency Series, #2)Head-Tripped: A Sexy Rock Star Romance by Nicole Archer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

We got introduced to Effie (F-Bomb) in the 1st book in this series, Road Tripped (Walker and Callie). She is Callie's twin sister.

I think this book could be stand alone. We do revisit with Callie and Walker but not as much as I would of liked. I fell in love with those two and the humor they brought in their book.

Effie meets Elias (Elvis) completely by chance when they both attend an awards banquet. He comes to her aid. Elias is rock star. He's enjoying hanging around with Effie as she has no idea who he is. Through Effie he is able to overcome his writer's block and create several new songs that are desperately needed to pump new life into his band.

I would consider her a child prodigy when it comes to music. Her mother completely exploited her and robbed her of a childhood.

The one thing that I missed in this book that was in the first book was the laugh-out-loud humor. But this book addresses addiction and that is a very serious subject. The author does a great job with this subject. I am super proud of Effie with all she has lived through and overcomes to be the person she is becoming.

I also liked how the author addressed the issues the band mates are having to live up to an 'image' and their real life struggles with that.

Beside Effie and Elias my favorite person in this story is Annie, Elias' mom. She is the bands manager and does an absolutely terrible job at it and ends them up in some challenging situations.

This author has a great way of writing that makes the story so 'real'.


View all my reviews

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/review/R3S915X992CR8M/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm


YOU CAN READ A SAMPLE HERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...