Wednesday 12 April 2017

Hot as Puck by Lili Valente

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 



Hot as PuckHot as Puck by Lili Valente
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hot as Puck by Lili Valente

I loved the sound of this book: friends to lovers, sports romance, heavy on the RomCom is my ideal cup of tea. I think that while this is certainly best friends to lovers, the comedy -although still present- waned somewhat after the first few chapters, and I personally would have liked a little more of the sports aspect. Nonetheless, it was still a really enjoyable read.

Libby approaches Justin on his birthday and tells him she needs lessons on men, flirting, sex and so on. There's definitely no hidden agenda here; she's fully aware of her feelings, that they don't go beyond best-friendship, and truly doesn't want anything more than advice and guidance. While Justin is understandably hesitant to begin with, he quickly warms up to the idea and they come up with a mutually beneficial arrangement. But, as you can undoubtedly guess, the heart can't help but get involved no matter what intentions Justin and Libby have!

I quite liked the characters! They were fun and relatable. I love how Justin appreciated Libby's worth even before she 'blossomed' and his treatment of her was spot-on. Justin isn't just pretty on the outside, he's got depth to him and his crocheting technique is way up there! Libby is very sweet; she's a kindergarten teacher and isn't really that wise to the ways of men, hence the lessons. All in all, a very enjoyable book. I'm already looking forward to the next one and I'm confident this series will be another hit for Valente.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3CQZ0AE24B87S/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...