Saturday 22 April 2017

The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

HOT SHOT was one of those books that suckered you in by the first few pages. My first instinct was, I am going to love this heroine. Chess (Chester - unfortunate parental naming decision) was physically not what I expected from the heroine for this book, but my surprise was positive because Chess is has individuality and style that just gets you on board. She was a strong woman, and I mean strong because she was the photographer shooting a tasteful, nude NFL calendar. Finn 'Manny' Mannous had a lot of live up to post-DEX and although Dex will always be number one for me, Finn just sneaked in and took the fore with that personality, cheek and maybe looks too!

The friendship at builds between these two was an adorable read. I was wearing a smile on my face until my gut felt punched mid way. As these two got to know one another, it wasn't all fun but it was real, believable and emotional at times. I enjoyed the slower burn than normal for Kristen Callihan.

There were a few new NFL faces but some familiar ones and my radar perked up at every mention of Dex. The story was rich with lots of lines that made me laugh and plenty of serious too; just the perfect kind of balance.

I want to make mention of the cover. When this cover was revealed, I felt a bit lacking in feeling towards it but once I knew the context of the cover and it's meaning, I kept going back for peeks. I love now that this cover completely reminds me of a great moment in the book.

Overall, this was such a pleasurable read and I'm placing this in my favourites for 2017.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


DON'T WAIT START READING NOW..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...