Tuesday 16 May 2017

100 Proof by Shanora Williams


REVIEWED BY Isa Jones



100 Proof100 Proof by Shanora Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW.

One word that summarises how I am feeling after reading this book. The topic of drugs and alcohol abuse is always a delicate one and is specially difficult when putting it in a book as a backdrop of a story. I don't think there is anyone out there that hasn't been affected or been involved in the use into of these substances or addictions. In my case this book came at a time when I am sadly witnessing someone very close to me going through the difficult experience of going into rehab. So saying this I was a bit weary at first as to how this story was going to pan out and if it was going to be all fun and games or not taken seriously. I am glad to say the Author conveyed in a very deep way the feelings of those into drugs, in recovery and the family and friends that surround them.

Without going into a very deep discussion of the book, this was also a complete page turner and once I started reading I just couldn't nor wanted to put it down.

Marley has to make a tough decision of walking away from her one true love in order to get her life back on track and avoid falling into the abyss that has been her upbringing. She has seen what the use of illegal substances and alcohol can do to a person. With her heart in pieces she moves away from everything and starts a new job.
Vin sees his life begin to crumble the day he has to watch the woman he loves walk away. As the black sheep of the family he has never cared what people think and he has lived to excess. The day he met Marleena was the day he finally had something good, but soon the constant party life takes him on a downhill spiral that drives him to make mistakes pushing him to get clean. As time passes by, he realises that getting help was the easy part, loosing Marley to his nemesis and winning her back is where the real battle begins.

This book was very special, it had it's dark and sad moments but also some good humour and plenty of off the chart steamy scenes.
I thoroughly enjoyed Shanora's writing, is well structured, with great fluidity and unforgettable characters, making it a read which will stay with me for a long time.

I received an ARC in exchange of an honest review. Thank You.

5 ADDICTIVE STARS. Jo&Isalovebooks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...