Thursday 25 May 2017

Buns by Alice Clayton

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)Buns by Alice Clayton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Buns by Alice Clayton

Clara is the quintessential career woman. She loves and lives for her job which is rebranding and rejuvenating hotels. This means that she's constantly on the move and while she has an apartment, she doesn't really have a place to call home. But that's more than fine by her! She doesn't want or need to have those roots. She has her two friends who are more or less her family, her mentor, and a possible partnership in the cards. She heads down to picturesque Bailey Falls to rebrand the gorgeous but dated Bryant House where she meets the amazing Archie Bryant, owner of the delectable buns and too seeped in tradition to be willing to accept change.

I enjoyed this book though not quite as much as the previous in the series. I think this may be because while it had a small handful of funny moments, it was lacking in the humor I've come to expect and enjoy from Clayton. The reason for this is evident: both of these characters have a lot (like, A LOT) of baggage and so so much to work through. Love and trust doesn't come easily to Clara and again, while I understood it completely, I also wanted to shake some sense into her. Archie I adored although he was bloody stubborn! Overall, I think this series is great and it's one I don't hesitate to recommend. Buns is a welcome addition to the Hudson Valley family!

*arc received from Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B01MPZNNVO/R3FUT4FZ4RCY6I?ref_=glimp_1rv_cl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...