Monday 1 May 2017

JOYRide by Lauren Blakely

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Joy RideJoy Ride by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely

Let me preface this review by pointing out that when I reviewed Full Package and we got a teensy peek at Joy Ride, I was very clear in claiming Max as my own. That hasn't changed! In fact, I'm even more determined to assert this statement to one and all! He's everything I expected him to be. Everything! He's the King of the Manhattan custom car business and the self-touted King of Pleasure. He makes engines purr and women scream: he is just. that. good.

Blakely is an author who, without fail, knocks out some of my absolute favorite friend to lovers RomComs. Sadly, Joy Ride isn't one of those. Oh no, Joy Ride is an enemies to lovers! Why are they enemies? I hear you ask. Well let me tell you. Henley Rose (and what an absolute kick-ass name for a kick-ass woman!) apprenticed under Max a few years ago until one mistake cost her a promotion and her tempter cost her her position. She went on to become one of the best in the business and works for Max's competitor. When they meet again, sparks and barbs fly until they're forced to work together on a special project.

This book and these characters were everything I wanted them to be. Henley is, as mentioned, a kick-ass girl. She works in a male-dominated field and knows that professionalism is key in earning respect. She's not afraid to speak her mind but at the same time, has a vulnerable side she allows only a few to see. Max, my God, Max. He's sexy, dirty, rough, and he knows his way around an engine. Sigh. I freaking loved him. I loved the relationship development between the two: they didn't miraculously fall in love after meeting again. Blakely had them work for it and with the witty dialogue and sexy innuendos it was a clear winner for me. Adored and absolutely recommend.

*arc received in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/RX2KNPY1PNW2Z/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1CO28PAO2JOIS/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...