Monday 1 May 2017

Legally Yours by Nicole French

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard



Legally Yours (Spitfire, #1)Legally Yours by Nicole French
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5-3 stars.

LEGALLY YOURS was a very mixed read for me with later highlights but earlier low-lights. The initial setting was inviting, with Skylar piquing my interest as an unusual character. She didn't seem to be able to find a fit in life, both work and outside. She'd had a few careers and was still studying and whilst I wouldn't place this in the NA genre, it did have some parallels with that type of story. At about 12%, there was a section of the story that screamed FSOG, the similarities were so strong that it began to put me off the book and continuing. However, I did continue and I'm pleased to report the character of Brandon did not become a 'Christian' despite his initial overtures. Nevertheless, I remained jaded over this similarity. In retrospect, I don't understand it's inclusion.

As mentioned, the story developed in it's own kind of direction and whilst I enjoyed some of the story, I found it to be overly descriptive and I lost focus and motivation at times. I enjoyed the Boston setting and family background. Neither Skylar or Brandon completely won me over with their connection in the long run although I have to say the steam and heat was well written. There's definitely more to come with these two and I can see the next book outlined.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...