Thursday 4 May 2017

Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen

REVIEWED BY Melinda Lazar 


Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3)Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pipe Dreams by Sarina Bowen

This was a wonderful second chance romance written by the talented Sarina Bowen and set in the world of the Brooklyn Bruisers. It's the story of goalie Mike and personal assistant/office manager to the team owner, Lauren.

Mike and Lauren have a past. A significant past and one that neither has really moved on from. While it's been years since they last crossed paths and with so many unanswered questions, Lauren is finally ready to start in a new direction and make things happen for herself. Given that she's now running two offices, she and Mike are now constantly crossing paths (much to her dismay) and he wants back in her life and to hell with the consequences.

I love a good second-chance romance, I love single dad stories, and I love sports romances so I *really* wanted to love this story as much as I have the previous in the series but a small part just really didn't sit quite right with me. Perhaps I expected better of Mike; it was almost as though he didn't put any thought into his decisions or the effect that would have on other people, namely his daughter. I didn't feel as though a single dad would not take his child's feelings and thoughts into consideration no matter how long it's been since he last saw the love of his life. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that's how I saw it. Nonetheless, it was highly enjoyable book and series I recommend. I particularly loved the story within the story - that's just driving me crazy!

*arc received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

**Reviewed by Melinda for Joandisalovebooks Blog.

View all my reviews


https://www.amazon.com/review/R2Y57ZMXNS3JI8/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...