Wednesday 3 May 2017

Sex in the Sticks by Sawyer Bennett

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard



Sex in the Sticks (Love Hurts, #1)Sex in the Sticks by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SEX IN THE STICKS was a fun, light read, one of those books where you grin at times reading. The premise for this book was kind of perfect, rich socialite travels to Alaska to partake in the glut of men out there. I didn't need much encouragement to be invested in the idea of a rugged Alaskan man, it came naturally but I did need time to like heroine, Valentine. This is the second jobless-socialite I've read lately and initially this kind of heroine doesn't draw me in. She does write her own sex and dating blog though, thus her trip to Alaska. I did come to like Valentine more as the story developed.

The hero was a different matter, Logan, chief of police was the epitome of rugged, capable, outdoor-man. I liked his reticence when it came to Valentine, he sat back and watched her antics. Her antics were funny and I smirked and sniggered along the way. These two definitely had chemistry and their coupling made the blog melt-down with comments.

I definitely want to see more of this series and setting. There are more men in East Merritt, Alaska that need a book and I'm here to read that. Sawyer Bennett certainly has skills of creating a great premise and this book is well executed yet on the light side of contemporary.

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher through netgalley in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.



View all my reviews<

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...