Monday 22 May 2017

Somebody Else's Sky by Jessica Hawkins

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 



Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2)Somebody Else's Sky by Jessica Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The second instalment of this trilogy continues to project some discomfort at both the ages of two the three MCs and also with regards to the sibling relationships. It's a discomfort I'm happy to feel because this is a story that pushes the boundaries and makes you consider what is personally acceptable. There was some degree of fluidity with this for me, as the emotions of Lake and Manning made me reconsider, however, I kept returning to a place of discomfort.

The early part of SOMEBODY ELSE'S SKY made for difficult reading with Manning being in a place no one would want to be. I struggled with how he pushed away Lake but he was right to do so. I really enjoyed Manning's introspection throughout this book, it brought a depth of understanding of his roller coaster emotions and baggage, that made me really see him. I still don't like Tiffany much but I do understand why she constantly pushes for what she wants.

The eventual pinnacle of this story was somewhat predictable following the prologue and therefore, I didn't feel devastated, I knew all along this was going to be where it would end. Consequently, I wasn't overly upset and just see this as another messed-up intertwining of these three. I am looking forward to reading the culmination of this trilogy and hoping for some eventual peace and satisfaction for the characters.

A copy of this book was provided by the author in return for a honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3FQCXA0MQVDR3/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B06XBKPK94

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...