Thursday 25 May 2017

The Only One by Lauren Blakely, Narrated by Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt


REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard 


The Only OneThe Only One by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Audiobook review.

This novella is a gorgeous story of second chances, one that comes ten years later. THE ONLY ONE is
less of a rom-com feel, rather a contemporary read without as many witty quips and having recently read/listened to a number of Lauren Blakely's rom-cons, I enjoyed the change in pace.

The characters meet for a work deal unexpectedly after missing a planned meet ten years ago. I loved Gabriel, chef and restaurant owner, Spanish and all over nice guy. Penny was sweet but still nursing some hurt. I loved their build of interactions, connection and chemistry.

The book is narrated by two of my favourite narrators, Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt and they did a good job, however I do have a niggle. Gabriel was Spanish and described as having an accent, yet the male narrator was straight American. Then, when the female POV narrated male dialogue, she did it with a Spanish accent. This was rather disconcerting, but I went with the flow and still enjoyed it.

A copy of this audiobook was provided by the author in return for an honest review.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews

http://www.audible.co.uk/listener/Kindling-Micky/A2OKSANI1041IT/ref=a_listener__c1__sprImg_lp?asin=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...