Monday 21 August 2017

An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur

REVIEWED BY Micky Barnard



An Exaltation of Larks (Venery, #1)An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm finding it a little difficult to put my thoughts together coherently for a review and keep it spoiler-free and this book needs to be read with as little insider info as possible. This is a book bathed in emotions, bubbling in chemistry both platonic and more. It's about confusion and acceptance as much as it's about finding fulfilment and yet not.

AN EXALTATION OF LARKS is an emotional read from the offset but what wowed me the most was the unpredictable nature of how the book played out. I never once knew what was around the corner and often my suspicions were inaccurate; this is a plot of plots. It is a book full of depth, focused on families, with characters that plead for you to invest in them, and you do. Jav was my prime focus, the man I was championing for; a complex man but his journey over a number of years was addictive reading. Alex was such a solid, dependable character who surprised himself and me. Val was a character I didn't really take to and I suspect that may be purposeful writing. Ari was just such a compelling read and the twist involving him was mighty.

This book has left me agog at the writing and story development. I truly rate Suanne Laqueur as a special piece of talent, I hear her other work is also wonderful so I have a need to devour the rest over the coming months.

I know this is the vaguest review but I recommend this to anyone and everyone as a absorbing, out-of-the-box read; it will refresh your palate and leave a mark. Biggest thanks to Melissa for the best recommendation I have had in some time.

Reviewed for Jo&IsaLoveBooks Blog.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...