Saturday 19 August 2017

Lost In Scotland By Hilaria Alexander

REVIEWED BY Jess


Lost In ScotlandLost In Scotland by Hilaria Alexander
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was sucked in right from the cover. I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but in this case, I didn't have a choice. I love Scotland-so this was a no brainer for me. LOST IN SCOTLAND by Hilaria Alexander got me jonsing for another trip to the promise land and I wish I was lost in the Highlands, too.

"The view was majestic, one of those moments that made you think God had to exist, whether you believed in him or not. It was simply too spectacular."

I can attest to this beauty, and though I have never read anything by Alexander before, I will admit, she had a knack for capturing Scotland in all its beauty. She was very detailed when it came to the scenery and I felt like the atmosphere was done justice.

Suffering from a broken heart and a dash of humiliation, not having anywhere else to go, or work, Sam heads off to Scotland to work on a production of a new show coming out, Abarath, as a Make-Up artist. After finding out her boyfriend of 7 years is cheating on her, Sam heads out to make a new name for herself-feeling alone and isolated in a new country, Sam quickly finds like minded folks on set and even catches the eye of the main lead of the show, Hugh.

Hugh has been cast as the lead in Abarath. A beloved novel that is being turned into a TV series, and he is very concerned about portraying the lead. He wants to do it justice and give the fans what they desire-authenticity. He has no time for distractions. Or so he thought! He's handsome, and rock solid, brooding and has a thick Scottish accent-what more could you ask for?!?! Though he did have some similarities to another beloved Scottish bloke I adore, his character still worked for me.

Sam and Hugh had chemistry that seriously blew me away. I felt butterflies every time they had a scene together. Due to the high demand of filming and the hush hush of their tryst, keeping their "relationship" on the down low had to happen. But they still managed to have some of the hottest sex scenes I have read in quite some time. Alexander sure knows how to write with passion.

Hugh was right when he said to Sam, "You've made the right choice, Sam. Scotland is the perfect place to start over".

Truer words had never be spoken. Even though it took Sam a while to acclimatize to the wet and dreary landscape, she settled in nicely-having her own personal tour guide/movie star always helps in these situations.

As much as I loved the story, which I did, immensely. I still found the end to be a little back and forth. I would be happy with where the story was going and then I wanted to throw my kindle at times as well. Some of the back and forth was unnecessary, and I was easily frustrated with where the story went at times. But then something like this would be said:

"I didn't have a chance against her. I had to give in. I wanted to fall for her, follow her anywhere." SWOOOOON. Or this, "Samhain, I fear ye have me ruined for every other woman." COMMON!!! How can you not fall for this man?!?!

The way in which Hugh spoke to Sam, the way he worshiped her, the things he would say, and the way he would say it kept me coming back for more and more. It was a bit touch and go for me at the start and they later towards the end, but I think Alexander pulled it together and gave us all the ending we hoped for.

I will continue to read this series, as I think there is a sequel. I cannot stop now! Two of my favourite things in life were captured in Lost in Scotland-HOT BROODING SCOTTISH MAN and SCOTLAND. I. AM. SOLD.

***Reviewed by Jess for joandisalovebooks blog***

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills, #1) by A.L. Jackson

  Give Me a Reason by A.L. Jackson My rating: 5 of 5 stars This BOOK deserves all the recognition and praises it has received. From that ...